The largest Fourth of July fireworks show in the low country is back!
Organized by the City of North Charleston, the annual Independence Day event was postponed last year due to Covid, but now that things are getting back to normal, the awe-inspiring fireworks display will be back better than ever.
Be there on Sunday, July 4th from 7 – 10 pm at Riverfront Park. Fireworks will start as soon as it gets dark. DJ Natty Heavy, Host of Heavy in the Mornings on @oldskool921fm will be providing the soundtrack for the night.
As always, the fireworks show is FREE to the public.
If you plan to be there, here are some of my tips to make it a great night.
1) Bring a lawn chair. It’s more comfortable. Trust me.
2) If you don’t have a lawn chair, bring a blanket to sit on. It’s better than sitting on the ground, especially if the ground is wet.
3) In past years, there would be food and drinks to buy, but this year you better take your own drinks and snacks.
4) Parking is free, so carpool. You can find the parking by entering the old Navy Base via McMillan or Virginia Ave.
5) If you live close enough to the park, I would suggest walking or biking there because it can be a wait to get to the car and exit after the show.
Some important information to pass along from the organizers:
-NO entry into the park until 5:00 pm
-All bags will be searched
-NO grills allowed in the park during the festival
-NO sparklers or outside fireworks allowed
1061 Everglades Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
See Facebook event page for more info!